Thursday, May 23, 2013

Benteke casts doubts over Villa future with Arsenal claim

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!
Christian
Benteke has
cast doubts
over his
future at
Aston Villa,
by declaring again that he would consider
a move to Arsenal.
The Belgian striker enjoyed a great
campaign in the Premier League in his first
season, scoring 19 goals at the first attempt,
and a lot of big clubs have voiced an
interest in his services.
Temptation
But Benteke told a Belgian newspaper
Nieuwsblad, that he could be tempted to
leave if Villa received an offer from one of
the Premier League elite, especially Arsenal.
- If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won't
necessarily accept that. I do not in any way
want to feel I didn't get the most out of my
career, the striker said.
- If the chance comes up for me to join a
club like Arsenal, I am convinced that we
can reach a compromise where everybody
comes out a winner.'
Confidence
- I have asked my agent not to bother me
with transfer talk while I am away on
Belgium duty. It's now down to him to do
his job. I have known him since I was 14
years old, and I have complete confidence
in him.
Villa boss Paul Lambert has been steadfast
in his belief that his star man, who has three
years remaining on his contract, will still be
at the club next season.
Extension
The club are currently negotiating an
extension on a contract that has three years
left, and the statement could be a ruse to
get more money.
Due to the length of time left on the
contract, Benteke and his agent cannot
force a move, unless He refuses to sign a
new deal, in which case, Villa may be forced
to sell for a huge profit at the end of next
season.
Other clubs interested in Benteke include
Tottenham Hotspurs, Atletico Madrid,
Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea.

Cyril 24 May, 2013


-
Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogspot/Jxiis/~3/vhR4v3JlO0o/benteke-casts-doubts-over-villa-future.html
--
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

No comments:

Post a Comment